Did you ever wonder why Prague was not heavily bombed such as the other European cities? Together with your local guide you’ll uncover the hidden details in the streets and you will learn about heroic deeds and tragic losses of the Czech nation, reveal the disturbing past of the Czech capital during WW2!
This tour will take you back in time to one of Prague’s most dramatic periods. You will learn why Czechoslovakia was very important to Hitler and his Third Reich, so he took the country even before World War II has officially started on September 1st, 1939.
Tour departs from the Powder Tower at namesti Republiky on every Wednesday and Friday at 11 AM.
- We cover the Old Town, the Jewish Quarter and the New Town.
- Learn why Nazis didn’t damage any synagogues in Prague
- Jewish primary school which has been used until 1942.
- Learn about the valorous deeds and tragic stories of the Terezin Ghetto.
- Reveal many small memorials remembering the victims of Nazi Terror and the Czech resistance heroes.
- Assassination of the second of top Nazi Reinhard Heydrich “the Butcher of Prague”.
- You’ll visit a crypt of Sts Cyril and Methodius Church where the paratroopers of Operation Anthropoid had been hiding .
Tour departs every Wednesday and Friday.
Departure time: 11 AM
Duration: 3 Hours
Price: 400 CZK / 16 EUR
We like dialogue, so the group size is limited up to 15 people (reservation is recommended).
Find more information and make reservations on our website: World War II Tour.